Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm back! My thirty pounds of smart metal is still recovering from its time in the shop, got a new mouse, working to catch up on all the things put on hold. My current book 'in the works' now has permission to use a quote from a fellow writer so I'm happy about her generous permission to use it. The quote is "Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed." by C. J. Cherryh. The book is the second in my Maryvale series of cozy mysteries and I needed it to use when the sheriff is trying to shame his match-making wife into minding her own business. (Nope, it didn't work - LOL.) She goes right on happily and alternatively helping and nosing into everything around her, including the local library's haunted basement.
Also, have received and returned signed contracts for the third Maryvale series. The third one is to be published by Five Star, I'll announce it on my page (www.jackiegriffey.com) and probably here too when it comes out.
The first Maryvale is THE DEVIL IN MARYVALE complete with a body, devil worship, cattle rustling and the good citizens of Maryvale, gifted and all. It introduces a psychic. The second is THE NELSON SCANDAL (the one now 'in the works') and has a medium in it (yes, she holds a seance). The third is the one on which I've just got a contract, RECIPE FOR TROUBLE. In it you will meet a healer (she may even be a guardian angel?)
Since 2006 has started out with all these machines working, there's no excuse not to get to work. Break's over!

1 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Jackie! I'm am so proud of you and about half-jealous of the way you can write and write and get those books done. I, on the other hand, am the world's champion lollygagger.

Keep on keepin' on, and sell a million books. Such good news about Five Star. I'm rooting for you!

Hugs, Pat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home