Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I'm a survivor! I feel like I've been wrestling a bear - and won! (at least, this round). Have had my new modem for nearly a month now and have got almost everything I need back on it, except still have a few problems with my e-mail. The bear I was wrestling was trying to get a script template to work. I got it downloaded all right but then couldn't use it! After calling loudly if not obscenely to all the so called help groups, I finally got it fixed by the good old trial and error (and stubborn persistence ) method. Got my reading script sent off to the copyright office.

As usual, most of my problem, c'est moi! I started out definitely computer illiterate when I got my first one and am still only an eyelash above 'don't know the language' in all phases of operation and non-operation. My only advice to fellow suffererss who are at the mercy of machines is - "HANG IN THERE!" Sooner or later you'll ethier figure out what the problem is, stumble onto it (this is my route most of the time), or one of those help groups will really help. (Don't count on that last one, just keep trying.)

If there's such a thing as reincarnation and you get a choice, I may just come back as a machine. You can't argue with those metal monsters and they have the world of knowledge to use, in every language on the globe! Talk about power!

Now that I'm enjoying comparative peace with my back bedroom full of smart metal, I'm going back to work. Break's over! : - )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home