Thursday, July 13, 2006

The hurrier I go, the behinder I get! That's what it seems like this week. I'm getting ready to leave town for about eight days and you'd think I was a toddler there's so much preparation attached to this simple jaunt. Remember all the clothes, diapers, bottles, the long list of things not to forget when you have to go somewhere with your children? Well, guess what? The second childhood has just as much baggage! My husband and I had already got used to gathering up our spare parts when we leave the house (reading glasses being the main things) but there's more preparation if you're going to be gone a week or more. Besides all the household things, I had to e-mail three columns so I wouldn't have to worry about getting back on schedule.

Taking stock of the refrigerator and what's there and not there and in the freezer only took a glance since my grown children will be here at the time (and nobody likes the same thing much less at the same time, when it comes to eating. So it's 'feel free' - there's stuff to eat in or eat out - self serve - help yourself - you know where the store is - plumber, electrician numbers in the proper place in case needed - Please God, don't let them be needed!)

I did notice in passing, a couple of UFOs in the freezer. That's Unidentified Frozen Objects. One of those things that's not labeled or the label fell off, hard as a rock, weird shape - toss back, worry later... I've got one foot out the door.

Please don't forget where you left me and come back, I'll be back around the end of the month and blogging again. Break's over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home