Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Re: Wall Tour: Trying to think of something to write I decided to read you a little of my wall - no I haven't flipped, there's a lot of stuff on the walls of the room where I do my writing. I call it 'the scene of the crime' the crime being how hard it is to sell books these days. Along with a few pictures of cruise boats, a few paintings of my own (I used to paint a little, it doesn't pay anything either, sibs.) There's an honorable mention from a Sci-Fi group in Memphis, a letter from Dean Koontz (yeah, he actually wrote one!), and there's a copy of the confirmation of the write-up on me which appears in the 2005 Who's Who in America since I can't afford the $700 book even with a 50% discount. So there it is with all the other good stuff I like or gives me a laugh (two of my small paintings are of Big Bird and there's a larger one of Bugs Bunny eating a carrot and waving with his other hand. I had several big ones of Care Bears but they sold like hot cakes. There's a clue, people who won't buy something for themselves will buy things for their children. But I wasn't all that great at painting anyway and I like writing better. BTW my screen play is movng along like a herd of turtles. Always with the thought at the back of my mind I'm probably wasting my time - fun though once you get into it and get used the the 'business' presemt tense, so, we'll see. I was really surprised to get the letter from Dean Koontz. I was on his newsletter and wrote (thinking I was writing to whatever fan or flunky got out the letter) and asked some questions about an audio I was considering. He answered it himself - even went down and mailed it himself! He lives in Newport Beach and I was aware of that when we lived in Redondo Beach for three years and had to really use my will power not to go drive by his house and just see what it looks like. Anyway, his ideas on the audio were negative and I didn't do it. My husband saw me standing there in the post office holding that letter like it was the Holy Grail and after we got home and I got the groceries put up etc and went in to work - there it was! My DH had framed the letter (put the envelope with his writing and address on the envelope at the bottom) and hung it on the wall with all my other good stuff! That's one of the things he did to get the title Jim the Gem. (How he got the title The Human Broom is another story entirely.) Tune in next week to continue the wall tour. Break's over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home